Thursday, May 23, 2013

The Laundry Room.

My husband is too good to me. We already know this, of course, but I had a very fun surprise for me when I came home from work today. One of the first things he said to me when I got home from work was, "Hey, can you move the laundry from the washer to the dryer while you're upstairs? I forgot to do it earlier, sorry about that." Ummm... okay. I wasn't offended or anything but I was a little surprised. I mean, I had just gotten home from work and as far as I knew he had been home all day. He could've at least put a beer in my hand before sending me upstairs to do chores! But then I opened the laundry room door and saw this:



If you've never done laundry in my laundry room, you have no idea how awesome this is. In fact, it probably looks pretty stupid to you because you will quickly notice that I still haven't purchased any shelving or even a proper hamper for my laundry room... oiy. But what's really awesome is that the washer and dryer used to be on the long wall (the left-hand side of the picture) and it always seemed so silly to me because the room is just narrow enough that if you have the washer door open, you can't get between it and the wall to get the hamper or reach the detergent or anything. It was all squishy and inconvenient and uncomfortable. Our next door neighbor Andrea and I have been complaining about the ridiculous design since we moved in and have talked about making this switch many times. We just weren't sure how it would fit or how it would work out since all of the hook-ups are on the long wall. When Canyon and Andrea told us that they had switched their laundry room last weekend I gave Steven the puppy-dog eyes and said, "Oh please can we do that?!?" I knew he liked the idea but was shocked that he took the initiative to do this all on his own while I was at work today!!

Now I can take full advantage of my incredibly spacious laundry room -- I can't wait to do laundry! Next step: get a sink and some cabinets in there so it is really organized and functional.

I'm also super excited to start organizing my craft room over the summer. I've been waiting since JANUARY to get the craft table I've had my eye on, which should be in stock at Costco sometime in early July. We sold our rolltop desk on craigslist last week and I have all of my sewing stuff down in the "craft room" now on a folding table. It was nice to get it all moved out of Steven's room - finally! I felt like such a terrible wife allowing all of my girly crafty stuff to take over his mancave space. It's nice to have it all situated downstairs. Now if only I can get my craft room to look like Lissy's studio: http://hugsandpunches.net/studio-tour-organization-tips-with-lissy/ That girl's got style! Her home is so beautiful and I'm not sure if I'm talented or creative enough to decorate on that level but I'll just have to keep working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment