Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Fresh Start!

There is something truly wonderful about the first day of a new year and I know for a fact that 2013 is going to be a good one, which makes today even better!! I dropped Chad and Whitney off at the airport at 5:30 this morning and was back under the covers with Steven by 5:45, where I slept cozily until nearly 10 o'clock! It was amazing! And when I woke up I could see blue sky outside and there was an excessive amount of lovely, bright, warm sunlight flowing into my room. I was instantly excited about a sunny day and could hardly wait to shower and clean the kitchen and get outside. I was hoping for a walk along the Kirkland waterfront and a nice little stop at the Starbucks at Carillon Point. I figured it would be a fun outing with Mom and Tara and we could take some pretty sunny pictures with Lake Washington and the snowy Olympic Mountains in the background. We didn't quite make it to the beach though. We spent the afternoon and evening organizing Tara's bedroom -- it was entirely my idea and turned out to be a pretty good (and fun!) use of our time.

It's amazing how motivating a sunny day in the new year can be. I was tempted to stay home and organize my own house but couldn't stand to be alone on such a nice day. We got a lot done and it felt good to be so productive. You can now see her carpet once more and her clothes have found their way onto hangers and into drawers. We solved her storage issue but recycling lots of old school papers and adding a few basket drawers in her closet. We also took the door off of her closet and found a pretty curtain at Target that we are going to hang over the closet tomorrow. It looks great and I'm hoping she feels good about it too.

Today was Steven's first day back to work since the 18th -- I miss him! It's so weird to not get to see him all day long. He is also working this Thursday and then we have the weekend together before I have to go back to work on Monday. I can hardly bare the thought. I don't want to go! I feel like I should be done. I worked almost  four full months, isn't that enough? Sigh, only five more months until summer, I guess I'll make it to the end of the school year. Having the fresh start of 2013 and taking time to get organized around the house and starting to get excited about travel plans and fun things that will happen in the next year, all just make me wish even more that I could have a fresh start in the job department of my life right now. I just want to enjoy my job -- is that so much to ask? Anybody want to pay me to bake? Or just to stay home with my husband all day? Because I would really like that. I don't think that's a very likely scenario at this point, so my goal over the next few months is just to try to make more time for things that I do enjoy. Zumba. Baking. Cooking. Sewing. Letter writing. Blogging. Reading. And other fun things that allow me to forget how much I dislike my job. Like I said, there's lots to look forward to (especially the last day of school!!) and I think the year is already off to a pretty good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment