Thursday, January 3, 2013

Home Alone.

This is the first time I've been home alone all day on a weekday in months! I really didn't know what to do with myself this morning. I had great plans to be all super productive but the sun was out and it's really hard for me to be inside by myself when the sun is out. I wanted to bundle up and go to the Kirkland waterfront and drink tea and go for a walk but I stayed home and got a few smallish things accomplished. Our big project right now is organizing the garage (not a lot in there but VERY limited storage space) and turning the glorified hallway that is our "bonus room" into a craft room of sorts for me. It's amazing how the mess always gets bigger before it gets better. I did get all of the Christmas stuff packed away nicely in three large tubs and managed to go through a ton of paperwork in our file folders. Lots to be recycled and plenty of shredding to be done.

The dangerous part about me being home alone is that it is the absolute perfect time for me to bake. I could have done a lot more than I did so it's a good thing I got a late start. I still had an unopened container of eggnog in the fridge so I made a batch of baked eggnog french toast from the brunch cookbook that Tara gave me. It was the easiest thing ever and so tasty! I think the hardest part of the recipe would be the cranberry apple glaze that I decided was unnecessary since I was cooking only for myself. I just sliced a small baguette, placed the slices in a dish, poured 2.5 cups of egg nog over them, and allowed them to sit in the fridge all day, then baked 3 of the small slices in the toaster oven for about ten minutes. Yum! I also made two loaves of oatmeal molasses bread. I made this recipe sometime last winter and absolutely love it. It was just as amazing tonight (plus, I love it when the house smells like yeast) and I've eaten three slices. With butter.


And here's a picture of the scones I made while Chad and Whit were there the other day:


Hopefully I'll be more productive tomorrow when Steven is home with me but I kind of doubt it as I usually want to take advantage of our time together at home to just hang out. I guess we'll find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment