Monday, November 26, 2012

Tree Number Three.

I can't believe this is already our third Christmas together! We're so excited to be celebrating in our new home :) Steven and I aren't normally the type to decorate for Christmas a week before December but we decided to take advantage of the temporary sunshine and do our Christmas tree picking out while it wasn't raining. I'm so glad we did! The weather was perfect for our little adventure.
 
For our third Christmas tree we went to a farm in Issaquah to find and cut down the perfect one. The moment we arrived we were instantly overwhelmed. The parking lot was packed and there were people everywhere! I thought it was a little too crowded but everyone was so happy to be there, and there was Christmas music, and a bon fire, and free hot chocolate, so it was actually a pretty fun holiday experience.



Steven found the fire right away. I actually really liked this outdoor heater thing. I always love outdoor heater things and hope to find a reason to own a couple in the future. This one looked really cool and the metal on the outside didn't get hot so it's perfect for curious little fingers.


Steven's favorite trees are the tiered ones. He seems to like them better if there are a lot of branches bunched together and then just the bare trunk and then another bunch of branches... I told him I didn't think I would be able to love this particular tree.


Aren't we cute? (p.s. I found out this weekend that my husband is not a fan of my new straight-across-bangs so they won't be sticking around for much longer.)


Kisses. 


We didn't have anyone to take a picture of us carrying our tree so I took one myself.


This farm also had an old fire truck just hanging out so we took a few minutes to inspect it.


One of my favorite photos :)

Steven had the marvelous idea to do our tree with all white lights and only red ornaments this year. It looks beautiful!! We had to go buy white lights and a few red ornaments but we actually already had a lot of them. Target had some fun ornaments and Steven even picked up a Santa hat while we were there.


It was kind of sad not using all of the hand-me-down family ornaments and the few that I've collected for us over the last two years but Steven had a solution for that as well. His suggestion is that on the even numbered years we get a nice tree and decorate it all elegant and pretty like this, then on the odd numbered years we get a funky tiered tree and use the colored lights and all of the crazy mismatched ornaments. Could be fun, could be crazy. I guess we're going to find out. (A tiered tree?? Seriously???)



Taa-daah! And aren't the red curtains just fabulous with the tree! I love it!! It's just perfect for our new grown-up house.


Here are two of our new ornaments. The one on the left is from Molbaks and the "candle" one on the right is from Target. I like that the "candles" clip onto the top of the branches.

So there it is! And I'm glad that we got it early because now we just have that much longer to enjoy it. I can't wait until school's out and I can just lay on the couch with a cup of hot chocolate and look at the Christmas lights. Mmmmm, sounds so nice!


No comments:

Post a Comment